posing on Scriver Street in Santa Cruz, California
1979
Through the magic of Google (how did we ever do anything without Google?), I came across a transcription from the Santa Cruz Sentinel, dated 1932, that mentions my family in connection with Scriver Street:
Mrs. James Scriver was my great-grandmother's sister and the wife of my great-grandfather's brother (2 Scriver brothers married 2 Erickson sisters), and Genevieve Scriver was one of her daughters. Although I don't know the origins of the street name, it seems like too much of a coincidence to think that it wasn't named for the family. It's another story I'm hoping to uncover.
(Santa Cruz Sentinel - February 15, 1932.)
HOME FURNISHINGS DEPARTMENT MEETS.
The home furnishings department of the Live Oak 4-H club met Saturday afternoon at the home of the leader, Mrs. James Scriver of Haughton avenue and Scriver street, Breakers beach.
The afternoon was spent in working on department projects after which a valentine party was enjoyed. Genevieve Scriver making and presenting a valentine to each girl present.
The next meeting well be in two weeks at the McCrea home on 17 avenue.
Present Saturday were Muriel McCrea, Eleanor McCrea, Marjorie Tefertiller, Dorothy Graves, Ethel Fisher, Genevieve Scriver, Mrs. Lala Doud, assistant leader and two visitor, Jane McCrea and Mary Lippencott.
Mrs. James Scriver was my great-grandmother's sister and the wife of my great-grandfather's brother (2 Scriver brothers married 2 Erickson sisters), and Genevieve Scriver was one of her daughters. Although I don't know the origins of the street name, it seems like too much of a coincidence to think that it wasn't named for the family. It's another story I'm hoping to uncover.
No comments:
Post a Comment