Did your family attend religious services during the Christmas season? What were the customs and traditions involved?
My parents haven't attended church regularly since my brother was born twenty-five years ago. They have their own reasons that I won't go into, but my husband and I belong to an ELCA Lutheran church and try to attend regularly--though we don't make it as often as we really should. In the last couple of months we've made the decision to change from one church to another, and we've felt so much more comfortable and welcome. I'm looking forward to attending a Christmas service there.
We usually go to church on Christmas Eve, on the way to my husband's parents' home. I especially love the Christmas carols and the candlelight. This year, however, my husband has to work a half day and we're hosting both sides of our family on Christmas Eve. I don't know that we'll be able to get away for church that day without abandoning my mom to all the cooking... ;-) ... Tempting as that is, we'll probably just go to church on Christmas morning instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment