Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent Calendar: Christmas Cards

Did your family send cards? Did your family display the ones they received? Do you still send Christmas cards? Do you have any cards from your ancestors?

I LOVE photo cards at Christmas, especially now that I have a child to feature on them. ;-) I love finding just the right picture and just the right card, and I enjoy the ritual of writing out addresses and sticking on the return address labels.

The oldest Christmas card I have in my family collection is from ca. 1960 and features a picture of my mom and aunt with their Barbie dolls.

I keep all the Christmas cards I receive in a gold, star-shaped basket that I bought for this purpose. After Christmas, I toss most of the generic cards (or cut them up for my scrapbook), but I always keep the photo cards. They're saved in special pocket pages of my scrapbooks, and I like to look back at them.

Find more Advent Calendar posts at Geneabloggers!

No comments: