My family never went "all out" with outdoor decorations; I can't remember ever having lights on the outside of our house. (Occasionally we strung them around the inside of the window, but that was it.) This was our first year for them, and my daughter and I had to sweet talk my husband a bit to get him out there to hang them one warm Sunday afternoon.
He looks rather perplexed here, doesn't he? I don't think he was enjoying the holiday festivity right at that moment.
Later our neighborhood went all Clark Griswold on us and completely outdid our little display of lights on the porch, but I don't think I'll be able to convince my husband to climb up on the roof. We don't have many lights yet, anyway. I think I'll be out buying some on clearance after Christmas, so we can do it bigger and better next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment