Friday, December 18, 2009

Advent Calendar: Christmas Stockings

Did you have one? Where did you hang it? What did you get in it? Do you have any Christmas stockings used by your ancestors?

My husband thought I was a little silly, but when we were searching for a new house earlier this year, one of the items on my wish list was a fireplace with a mantle. It's not that I particularly wanted to be able to sit by the fire. Rather, I wanted to hang our Christmas stockings from the mantle.


Our red stockings came from a Walgreens after-Christmas clearance sale a couple of years ago, and I love them. My mother-in-law added our names.

This year we have two extra stockings, for my friend Jody and her friend Jess. Jody is from Australia, and she and I have been pen pals since I was 15. Now we mainly keep up with each other's lives on Facebook. Jody and her friend are traveling across the US for 5 weeks right now, and I invited them to make their stop at my house over Christmas. I'm looking forward to celebrating the holidays with friends. The more the merrier!

Find more Advent Calendar posts at Geneabloggers!

No comments: