How did your family handle Christmas Shopping? Did anyone finish early or did anyone start on Christmas Eve?
Last year was the first time I went out shopping on Black Friday, but I wasn't very dedicated about it. I slept until a reasonable hour and then went out to see what was left in the stores. This year I was all-out crazy, standing in line at a Toys R Us at midnight and arriving at Target at 5:00 AM. I scored a few deals for my efforts--enough to make it worthwhile, I guess.
I do remember several Dec. 23 (and even a Dec. 24th?) shopping trip to the mall with my dad, who did not think to finish such things early and needed a daughter along to help with his selection.
I always try to get the Christmas shopping done early, but it never seems to work out that way. I admire those people who do it little by little, throughout the year, but I've never understood how that works. I have enough trouble figuring out what people might like and not already have in November and December, without forecasting those needs and wants months before! So it turns into a mad rush in the last couple of weeks before Christmas.
I'm happy to report that I'm ALL DONE for this year, aside from having a couple of photos printed and put into frames. I'm so glad for that, because I don't want to go anywhere near that traffic this weekend!
1 comment:
We love Black Friday. In its own way, it has become a Christmas tradition.
Post a Comment